Usual Wage Victims
Usual Wage Victims
We Represent Victims of Wage and Hour Violations in New York
Federal, state, and local wage and hour regulations were enacted to ensure that employees receive full and fair pay for their hard work. Companies and organizations that violate wage and hour laws should be held legally liable. Though employees in any profession can face wage and hour violations, there are some workers who see this problem more often than others.
At Ricotta & Marks, P.C., our Queens wage and hour attorneys are proud to provide reliable, results-focused advocacy to employees. If your labor rights were violated, we are here to offer guidance and support. To set up a confidential, no obligation initial consultation with a top-rated New York wage and hour lawyer, please do not hesitate to call our Queens or Long Island law offices today.
Queens and Long Island
Labor Employment Lawyers in Queens and Long Island
Advocating on Behalf of
At Ricotta & Marks, P.C., we represent employees in a broad spectrum of legal matters, including:
Wage & Hour Disputes
At Ricotta & Marks, P.C., employment law is our sole focus. We have represented teachers facing a broad spectrum of legal issues and we are committed to protecting teachers’ rights. To learn more, please do not hesitate to contact us and schedule a free initial and confidential consultation at our Queens or Long Island offices today.
Sometimes these “Jekyll and Hyde” switches occur because a superior learned something about a subordinate that then caused him or her to have a negative bias, like the employee was of a certain religion or sexual orientation. Sometimes the reason is more obvious, like a bias against people of a certain race, being male or female, a woman becoming pregnant or people with disabilities.
Other Employment Law Issues
We Handle the Full Range of Wage and Hour Claims in Queens, Long Island, Brooklyn, and New York, NY
In New York, workers of all types turn to Ricotta & Marks, P.C., for assistance with wage and hour violations. With a deep understanding of the applicable federal and state laws, we have the skills, experience, and knowledge to handle all types of wage and hour claims. Among other types of cases, this includes:
- Minimum Wage Violations: All employees are owed a minimum wage. New York’s minimum wage is well above the federal minimum wage. As of 2020, the minimum wage is $15.00 in New York City and $11.80 per hour across most of the rest of New York State. Employees paid less than minimum wage may be entitled to financial compensation.
- Unpaid Overtime: Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), non-exempt employees are entitled to overtime wages when working more than 40 hours per week. Our Queens, NY wage and hour attorneys represent clients in the full range of unpaid overtime claims.
- Tipped Wage Violations: If your employer failed to pay you tips that you earned or implemented a tip credit system without informing you, you may have a claim against your employer. Our attorneys will take action to ensure that you receive the tips that you worked so hard to earn.
- Unpaid Wages/Last Paycheck: Employers must accurately record hours worked and pay employees the full wages that they have earned. If your wages were unpaid—particularly if you never received your last paycheck—our New York City wage and hour attorneys can help.
Wage and Hour Representation for Vulnerable Workers in New YorkAlthough wage and hour violations can occur in every industry, some workers are at a heightened risk. At Ricotta & Marks, P.C., we take action to protect workers who are particularly vulnerable to wage and hour violations. Some workers who are commonly the victims of wage and hour violations include:
- Waiters and waitresses
- Mortgage brokers
- Leisure boat staff
- Cab drivers/pedicab drivers
- Hair stylists
- Massage therapists
- Nail technicians
- Construction workers
- Bus boys
- Agricultural laborers
- Parking attendants
Why Hire the Wage and Hour Lawyers at Ricotta & MarksOne of the things that separates our law firm is that we strictly limit our caseload per attorney—ensuring that we have the capacity to provide every client with the personalized attention that they deserve. When you reach out to our Queens or Long Island law offices, you will have an opportunity to speak to a New York wage and hour attorney who will:
- Listen to your story and review your wage and hour claim;
- Answer questions and advise you on your legal options;
- Investigate the matter—securing all relevant evidence; and
- Take proactive steps to protect your rights and get you fair financial compensation.
If you and your co-workers were denied fair pay—whether it is lack of a minimum wage, unpaid overtime, or any other violation—we are ready to take aggressive action to protect your rights. We take all wage and hour violation cases on a contingency fee basis, which means there is no fee unless we win your case